Whoa there. Pump the brakes. We all need to slow down and take some time every so often to make sure our vehicles are in tip-top shape, running as efficiently, safely, and smoothly as possible. Brakes are one of the most important vehicle components to maintain, and we're happy to help you do that.
Advance Auto Parts offers Beaver Falls brakes and brake components for a variety of vehicles. We have the parts for:
- Anti-lock braking systems (ABS)
- Brake calipers
- Brake drums and rotors
- Brake hardware
- Brake pads and shoes
- Power steering hoses and pumps
- Shocks and struts
- Steering, gears, and pumps
- Suspension and springs
- Wheel and tire parts
And the list goes on. Essentially anything you need to maintain a healthy brake system, we've got you covered.
When Do You Need New Brakes?
If you can answer yes to any of the below questions, it's time to visit our Beaver Falls store for new brakes or brake pads before the problem becomes more dangerous and expensive.
Does your brake pedal pulsate when you slow down? A common example of this is when you slow down when exiting a freeway. When this pulsation or "rattling" occurs, your vehicle is in need of new brake pads.
Has your brake pedal lost its usual pressure when you press down on it? This could be a sign of a fluid leak, due to any number of issues. Be sure to get your brakes checked out if this is the case.
Do your brakes make a clicking noise? This is yet another sign that you'll need some new brake pads.
Do your brakes make a squealing or squeaky sound? Don't let this go any further, and look into new brakes in Beaver Falls today. Once that squealing sound turns into a grinding sound, you're doing serious (and expensive) damage to your brake rotors.
Does your car pull to one side or the other when you press the brake? This is a sign that your brake pads are wearing unevenly, and you'll need to replace them.
Brake inspection is an important part of regular vehicle maintenance, whether you notice any of the above signs or not.
How to Make Your Brakes Last Longer
Once you've got your brakes up to snuff, do all you can to ensure your investment lasts for many road trips, daily Beaver Falls commutes, off-roading adventures, or whatever else pleases you. Here's how:
- Slow down. Braking from even the modest speed of 65 mph causes your brakes to exert about 1/3 more energy than braking from 55 mph. Keep your speed safe.
- Coast when you can. Rather than speeding up and braking, speeding up and braking, keep your distance from other cars and let off the gas instead of pressing on the brakes.
- Be prepared. If you know you're approaching a stop light, a bend, a hill, or any other area where you generally need to brake, ease up on the gas ahead of time rather than braking abruptly.
- Flush your brake fluid every year or couple of years. This is an easy and inexpensive task for a DIY-er, and can go a long way to making your brakes last.
With regular maintenance and safe driving habits, you'll not only save your brakes but your cash, too.
We're Here to Help
Remember, if you need any help finding the right brakes and brake components like brake pads in Beaver Falls, we're your go-to guys. Advance Auto Parts has been around for more than 78 years, we have over 3,500 stores nationwide, and over 51,000 team members to help you succeed in all of your auto maintenance adventures. Visit a store today to get started on making your braking system the best it can be.